Wednesday, August 25, 2010

His mercies are new....

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
 Lamentations 3:22-23

WOW..... that's all I can say about my day yesterday! It was our first full day of real, consistent, no-turning-back potty training, and it was HARD!! It didn't help that Allie was in a horrible mood too! I was EXHAUSTED and I couldn't wait to go to bed last night and for the day to be over because I knew that I would wake up this morning to a new day. When I woke up I went to get Gracie out of her bed a little earlier than usual because I wanted to catch her before she went potty (and I did :) Chuck was still home, so me and Gracie walked him out to his truck and as we walk out the door I feel a nice, cool breeze and we start talking about how beautiful and nice and cool the weather is.

(Just some background: I have been telling Gracie for weeks that when the weather is nice and cool and not so hot, we would go outside and ride her scooter and her bike.)

So just as Chuck and I were talking about how nice the weather was, Gracie chimes in and says, "Mommy, now we can go ride my scooter and my bike!" This . kid . forgets . NOTHING!!!

Sooooooo thats just what we did at 7:30 this morning....




Don't laugh at my very beginner photography skills









She is very persistent about wearing her helmet :)



As we are outside enjoying the absolutely gorgeous weather, I am reminded of Lamentations 3: 22-23, 

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "

Thank you God for a new day because I needed it today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment