Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks

I know, most people are in full-swing Christmas mode, but I want to take a minute to just give thanks. I L-O-V-E Thanksgiving (and I REFUSE to decorate for Christmas until the day after)!! Every year around this time my heart just bursts with thankfulness for all that the Lord has given us in the past year! I am so blessed to have an amazing husband, 2 healthy children, a warm home, a car to drive, wonderful friends and family, the opportunity to stay at home and raise my kids, and the list could go on and on. I, just like everyone else (hopefully), struggle with the "I want" vs. the "I really need". I need a bigger house, I need a bigger car, I need this, I need that.......do I really need these things......nope. My goal this season is to be content. I have everything I need because the Lord is faithful and he provides, and anything else the He wants to give me is just icing on the cake (as Sandie would say:) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you were able to give thanks for all of your blessings this year!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words,
but to live by them.
~John Kennedy

*we spent Thanksgiving Day in Dallas and I didn't get any pictures, but on Saturday we had an "at home" Thanksgiving and I still didn't get any pictures because I was busy cooking:)It was an awesome day, and the house smelled soooo yummy! I got to cook while listening to the sound of my kids running around the house and my hubby playing video games in between chasing them around the house.........Bliss!!






"As we pause to thank Him for the blessings of the past year,
we must not forget to thank Him for the lessons we have learned through our difficult times.
We are not to be thankful for just the pleasant, easy things, but ALL things."
~Millie Stamm

1 comment:

  1. 1 Timothy 6:6-8
    Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

    Here's to being content! Love you girl! xoxo, Sandie

    ReplyDelete