Sunday, September 11, 2011

Destin 2011- Part 1

**I am going to split up my posts of our vacation because I took a TON of pictures and it is so hard to choose the ones I want to post!!

Destin, Florida here we come!!
The last time Chuck and I had been to Destin was the summer I was pregnant with Gracie (about 4.5 years ago), so we were so excited to get to take the girls there for their first beach vacation!
We split up the drive to Florida into two days driving 5 hours each day. The girls LOVE to spend the night in a hotel (I don't love sleeping in the same room with them because they are SO loud, but we made it work:) so they really enjoyed it!


When we got to Destin, we arrived a few hours before Tropical Storm Lee. We spent the first three days hoping for glimpses of sunshine and breaks in the rain so that we could hit the beach for a little while:) Even when we could walk down to the beach the wind and the waves were CRAZY, so we only lasted a couple of minutes there.


 Finally, the weather cooperated and we enjoyed the rest of the week with sunshine, blue skies, and perfect conditions for fun in the sun!! 



























Allie was quite the body surfer, it was sooooo cute. After I showed her how to do it she kept telling me, "momma, I yanna bomy-urf" (translation: "Momma, I want to body surf")



At night we went "crabbing", the girls loved using their flashlights and watching me catch them (yes, ME, I was the only one chasing and catching crabs)





So much FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! What camera do you have? Do you edit the pictures before posting?

    ReplyDelete