Monday, December 6, 2010

Sights and Sounds

When I was teaching, this was my favorite time of the school year!!! There is something about experiencing the sights, smells, and tastes of Christmas with children that makes the season so much more special. I am so excited to share those same experiences with my own children, and now that Gracie is old enough to understand the most basic concepts, I am excited to teach her about the real meaning for the wonderful season of Christmas.

(*and no, the real meaning is not Christmas trees :)







On the car ride home from getting our Christmas tree, Chuck muttered these words... "Maybe next year we should think about getting a pre-lit artificial tree"..... I almost had a heart-attack.... to which he replied... "OK, maybe not next year" :)


We had so much fun putting on the ornaments. After we got through all the glittery, shimmery balls, we got to all the handmade, sentimental ornaments. I would tell Gracie the "story" behind it, and after a couple she started to ask me, "mom, what does this one mean?" Now we play a game and I tell her to go find a specific ornament and she goes to find it on the tree.... her favorites are hers and Allie's "First Christmas" ornaments, thanks Grams!!








I hope all of you are finding joy in this season and remembering the real reason to celebrate...... 
 the birth of Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment