Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas School-Week 1

Here are some pictures from school this week. You may notice that mini-me (a.k.a. Allie) is missing from a lot of the pictures. All of a sudden she turned 2 and decided that school is not fun any more unless she can destroy everything (which drives Gracie CRAZY), so we decided to cut out Gracie's nap a couple of days a week and do school while Allie is napping. It worked out SO much better and we were able to do so much more!! Gracie calls it her "special school time":)

Lots of fun crafts!







Having fun with magnets!






I found these great foam Christmas shapes in my school stuff, we sorted them and made a number book, and matched numbers to sets.



We went on an "ornament hunt" and found the ornaments with letters on them, then we matched them in the pocket chart. (ornaments found here)



Fun stuff!





We reviewed the letter Jj this week for Jesus. I asked Gracie if she could find something in one of our Christmas books that looked like the letter Jj and she found it!


This is Allie's new silly smile:)

We also started the Truth in the Tinsel this week on December 1. The e-book is awesome and definitely worth $5.00!! It gives you the bible verse and the directions to make a different ornament each day of December to teach little ones about the real story of what Christmas is really about. 

Day 1 (candle)
Jesus came to be the light in a dark world
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12


Day 2 (crown)
Jesus was sent to be the King of Kings and he reigns from Heaven.
“You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
John 18:37




I hope your having some holiday fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment