Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Sew" much fun


Ok, I know that title is a little corny, but I have a new obsession and it really is sooooo much fun!

It started with this....



The tools, in this cute little "notions" box. Yes, I know what notions are, I have had to learn a whole new vocabulary.



The pattern. I heard that a pillowcase dress was a very easy project, so I started with that. When I tried to read the directions for the pattern, I had no idea what anything meant, so I pretty much just "winged" it.



Here is Gracie trying it on before I sewed it together. I can remember feeling this same way when my mom and grandma would make me try on stuff when I was little, now I know how they felt.

*No child was hurt in the making of this dress :)







The finished project. I think it turned out pretty cute for my first one. I am pretty sure it will completely fall apart the first time I try to wash it.


Look at this picture, how did I get that cute little smile??? Jellybeans, of course.... I am not beneath bribing :)


Looks like it might be a bit too big.

I really enjoyed making this dress. Sewing is very therapeutic, it makes me take my mind off of everything else and focus on something creative for a little while. Can't wait for the next project.....any ideas??


3 comments:

  1. Blue Jean jacket, bedazzeled on the back. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Chuck would look real nice in a green suit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...... he keeps making fun, but i told him if he keeps it up I will be making him something next!

    ReplyDelete